Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy...very belated Spring!!





I cannot believe it has been 2 weeks since I last blogged!!! Every time I have jumped on the computer to post something....I have always been distracted by something else! Not tonight though....I have had so many things I have wanted to post about!! Well spring is here (2 weeks ago!!) and the weather is really strange at the moment....but I love the fact that I can now use my new summer bedspread!! I have been waiting patiently to ditch my old...but very cosy doona. I bought this bedspread from Lily - G and I love the taupe trim (Which you can't really see in the picture) (3rd image) and the simpleness of the whole bedspread. Very me!! So I decided new bedspread, room rearrangement time! This happens alot in my home and I hink it drives my parents a bit insane...I am constantly moving things around in the house...big lounges suites, beds, desks. I get quite a workout!! The first image is one I came across on google and figured it would be he perfect image for my spring post! I love a splash of colour here and there but I am lost for words with this image...it is so incrediably out there and bold but I seem to really love it!! I can't say I would be able to live with it....but I am impressed with the risk that the designer has taken to create a very bold and intriguing scheme where none of the colours seem to be competing with each other! Don't the painted floorboards, chair and curtain make such a simple statement. The image really speaks for itself! The second image is one I had to post and for one reason only...it is a drawing!! What an amazing artist you would have to be to bring such a picture to life! I cannot believe this is hand drawn! I have a few more things I would like to blog about that I will save for tomorrow....I went to 'body balance' tonight and I am starting to feel the pain of unused muscles!! My bed is calling me! Thank you to everyone for the most beautiful comments that always bring the biggest smile to my face and make my day!!


Love Kate

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi Kate, Love the new summer look in your room. I love that feeling of changing everything around!

cathypentonatelier said...

Hey sweet girl...that first image is simply amazing and for a girl that isn't really into colour I really like it....Can't wait to see more posts...luv c xx

lily-g said...

hello my sweet kate, missing me? cant wait to come home and save you, i have so much to tell and i cant wait to see you and the girls, im at the airport ready to leave for home,we loose a day and have 21 hours of flying arriving on saturday, Paris is amazing but loved provence more,see you soon.just love your room too,love and kisses Judy xxx

Ness Lockyer said...

Hi Kate, I LOVE to change things around too. My Husband can be out working in the yard, come back in to have Lunch and the Lounge aor a Bedroom is changed. I think it is like a mini holiday..lol! Love your room change. Ness xx

vicki archer said...

Loving the pink!

mondocherry said...

Your room looks very beautiful - so calm and serene. Changing things around is so much fun - it is obviously catching too as my kids get far more excited about moving furniture around than they do for cleaning their rooms!
Clare